Intern & Trainee Program
Community Presbyterian Counseling Center (CPCC) offers a professional internship and practicum that provides opportunities to integrate contemporary theoretical models with spiritually based perspectives and values. We work together in a collaborative community by sharing the responsibilities and needs of the center, participating in decision-making, and working with one another in individual and group supervision, consultation, and business meetings.
CPCC has been in the San Ramon Valley for over 35 years as a Christian based non-profit counseling center offering therapy to adults, couples, children and families. Our therapists come from diverse training modalities including:
- Family Systems (including Internal Family Systems)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Traditional Talk Therapy
- Jungian Psychotherapy (Dreamwork and Sandtray)
- Play Therapy
- Addiction therapy
- Couples therapy
- Group work (psychoeducational and process oriented)
- Internal Family Systems
What we offer:
- High quality supervision from a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Intern specific group to help you throughout the intern/trainee period
- Regular trainings from our staff and community
What we expect:
- Ability to hold 10+ clients in your caseload
- Ability to work 15 hours a week
- One year commitment to the program
Sexual Recovery Program:
We have an extensive Sexual Recovery Program (SRP) providing services to those recovering from sex addiction including groups, individual sessions, and marital therapy. We have several CSATs and CSAT candidates who work and supervise cases in the Sexual Recovery Program. If this is a population that interests you and you would like to learn more about the SRP, please mention it in your cover letter.
How to Apply:
The initial application process has three parts: a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references. Applicants may participate in an initial phone interview with the Clinic Director to determine fit. This may be followed by completion of a written application and small group interview.
We accept applications throughout the year and interview candidates several months prior to the start date, so we encourage applicants to apply early. Send applications to:
3180 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 140
San Ramon, CA 94583
If you have any questions or would like further information, call us at 925-820-1467.